Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First time roller skating

For Activity Days the girls had a mom and me night and we went to Classic Skating.  Bailey and Morgan were super excited because they had never been skating before.  It was much harder than they imagined!  Both of them fell many, many times but they were good and kept a happy face on.  I was thankful that one of the girls helped Bailey and the leader helped Morgan.  I took Oakley so I really couldn't help the girls much.  Bailey started getting the hang of it and Morgan was improving but she did keep falling a lot.  I could tell she was close to tears so I went around with her a little bit. 
Then a boy came up and asked if she was my daughter and I said that she was.  Then the boy proceeded to tell me that Morgan just punched his cousin.  That was the last straw for Morgan.  She cried saying she didn't.  And I really don't think she did, that isn't my Morgan!  I think that she probably lost balance and flung her arms and accidentally hit him.  I explained this to the boy and he was very understanding and apologized, I think her crying must have freaked him out!
After that Morgan was ready to leave, Bailey's feet were hurting so she was ready to leave.  They had fun but I don't think that they would want to go back, at least not on the dollar night, it was crazy!




3 comments:

  1. Oh Morgie...I am so sorry that it was a rough night!
    I think we should all go together next time we are visiting...that would be more fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. Sorry Morgan had a bit of a rough time. On a whim, I bought the girls roller blades. Well, they weren't too sure of them out in the real world. So I let them, mainly Lily, roller blade around indoors.

    It would be fun to go as a big group....when is dollar skate night? And does that include skate rental?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sad. I love going skating. I remember when Alberto and I were dating we went skating (the was no one around) and it was Alberto's first time. It was fun seeing him try. I think he fell a few times, but we also didn't stay long because there were alot of just little little kids.
    I hope that this time didn't ruin it for the girls, because it really is fun. :)

    ReplyDelete