Friday, February 18, 2011

100 days of school

This week the Kindergarten celebrated 100's day.  On Monday (or maybe it was Tuesday) Owen came home from school.  He was so excited.  He said, "Guess what mom, there is only one more day of Kindergarten left, then I go to First grade!"
I guess, for what ever reason, Owen thought that there was only 100 days of school.  I tried to explain to him that he would be in Kindergarten until Oakley turns one.  He just laughed and shook his head and said, "You'll see mom, I only have one more day of Kindergarten."  I decided to just drop the subject because I could see I was getting no where with it.  In time he would find out that he wasn't going to First grade, yet.
On Thursday when he came home from school I asked him how First grade was.  He told me, a little embarrassed, that he was still in Kindergarten and that he goes to school for more than 100 days.  Man, I love this boy! 

2 comments: