Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl deliciousness

I honestly could not care less who plays in the Superbowl.  But I do love getting together with a bunch of people and eating yummy food.  Cami & Clint and Austin & Melissa all brought a delicious variety of food.  With the wellness challenge I have been doing I didn't want to undo all the good I have done so I tried to have healthy options as well as the good old standbys.

We had little smokies wrapped in bacon with brown sugar and honey...not so healthy but oh, so good!

 And a shrimp dip, I don't eat seafood but everyone who tried this said it was very yummy!
 There was chocolate covered pretzels that we forgot to get out but trust me they are good and good for you!
 There was some pretzel jello with mixed berries on top that is to die for!  I think I ate half the pan of this!
 The corn and black bean salsa was so yummy too, I could not stop eating this either!
 Then there was the chicken wrapped in turkey bacon that was marinated over night in bbq sauce, it was supposed to be so wonderful and only 25 calories per chicken!!! ...well it got forgotten in the oven and stayed in there for about three hours when it was only supposed to cook for 30-40 minutes...I was so sad when Cami asked about them and I realized they were still in the oven.  Bruce took them out and put them outside for them to cool off.  Later on that night I let Dory out to go potty and she ended up eating half the pan!  Guess they were still yummy even when burnt to a crisp! 
I am going to have to try this one again, I was looking forward to trying these, I just can't forget them next time!
It was a great night and we did have fun, there was much more food that I didn't take pictures of.  We all ate so much and still had so much food left over.  I was sure I would never eat again but oddly enough I was hungry when I woke up this morning...

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about the chicken :(


    Everything looks so delicious! Would you mind putting that Jello and mixed berries recipe on MyFamily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than Superbowl Sunday FOOD!!! I made jalapeno poppers- the kind in the Pioneer Woman cookbook wrapped with bacon...OH MAN!!! They were good!!! And Honey Lime Chicken Enchilada's- we had corn and black bean salad as well and it was to die for! I want the recipe for the chicken...STuck.inVernal@gmail.com...
    seriously...

    ReplyDelete