Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

This year Valentine's day wasn't a very big deal.  Trying to take care of Oakley was our first priority.  While I was at the Dr with Oaks, thankfully Bruce can be home to take care of the ones at home.  (I took the day off from babysitting because I knew that he was pretty sick and I didn't want all little ones getting sick).  Bruce was able to spend the afternoon with Owen and Reagan (once they got out of school).  He took them out to lunch to Subway then they headed out to try to find roses.  They got me a dozen red roses.  Then Bruce always has Owen get each of his sisters a single rose.  Well this year they couldn't find any single roses so the girls got a dozen pink roses to share.  I love that Bruce is teaching Owen at a young age that girls love to get flowers!
Later on in the afternoon, Bruce and I were discussing what to have for dinner, since I was pretty much consumed with holding Oakley all day.  We both had the idea to make heart shaped pancakes.  We found some red food coloring to make them pink!  The kids were so excited.  I think that we have a new Valentine's dinner tradition!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers!

    And fun tradition!

    I hope Oakley is completely on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sweet!
    I haven't gotten roses nor flowers since we were dating :(

    Josh did go out of his way to get me this amazing purse I wanted,!

    ReplyDelete