Thursday, June 27, 2013

Payson Competition



 This competition was a lot smaller.  It was just Centennial Dancers dancing.  There were supposed to be two other dance companies there but they dropped out last minute.  So they were judged against themselves.  Which sounds easy, but it isn't.  You still get docked points for things which can land you in second or third place.
I dropped the girls off in the dance room (which is right next to the gym where they were performing) and went and sat in the bleachers with Bailey.  I was looking over the schedule and noticed that both Morgan and Reagan were in the second half of the competition.  Morgan's first dance was the "Good Girl" dance where she has her hair in the two pig tails and only two songs later was Reagan's only dance "Tonight, tonight"
Panic and anxiety set in.  Was I going to be able to run into the dance room, brush out Morgan's pig tails and put it into a sock bun in time to be back to see Reagan's dance?  I wanted to cray and throw up at the same time.  I couldn't decide whether to stand up by the doors so I could be closer or to just sit down so I could see and enjoy Morgan's performance.  Luckily I had Bailey there to calm me down.  She said that she would record Reagan's dance if I didn't make it there in time and that it would be okay.
I stayed and watched Morgan's "Good Girl" performance that just gets better and better every time I see it!  She just amazes me!  As the girls were walking off the stage, I was running across the front of the bleachers and into the dance room.  Reagan was in there and she came over and gave me a hug, it was just what I needed.  I told her 'good luck' and 'I love you' and had her go back to her class.  I started to brush out Morgan's hair which had tons of hairspray in it and it brushed out so easily!  But as I was trying to put her hair up in a ponytail she was trying to change her clothes (she has to completely change everything but her tights for her next dance) so it made it hard with her wiggling around so much!  I told her I needed her to hold still and she did.  I got her pony tail in and into the sock bun but it was a little higher than normal so there was a lot of hair coming out of the back.  Instead of redoing the ponytail I just stuck in about 10 bobby pins and sprayed a ton of hairspray, put her jeweled hair piece in and kissed her and wised her good luck as Reagan's class was walking out of the room!  I did it!!!
I had to wait by the doors because the second number was just finishing up (they don't let people in during performances) and as soon as they were done I was in and speed walking to my seat.  Well I guess that number has some technical difficulties and so they needed to perform it again.  So I had PLENTY of time.
It was then Reagan's turn.  Reagan did everything perfectly!  She didn't have a partner but she acted like she did just like April told them to.  There were a few more dances and then Morgan had her "Watch me" dance then she had to run and change her clothes because there was only one dance and a cheer performance before the "Girls, girls, girls" dance but she did it!
Soon it was time for the awards and the girls were all in a large circle.  I was able to see Morgan's face but not Reagan's face.  I loved seeing the big smile on Morgan's face when they announced that her team got first place on all three of their dances.  Morgan said when they announced that Reagan's dance got first place she had the biggest look of shock on her face and it looked like she was about to scream!  I wish I could have seen it!
I just love to see my girls dance.  It brings me so much joy.  I wouldn't have even cared if they won first place, even though that 's a nice bonus, but I can see by the looks on their faces while they are dancing that they love what they are doing and they are so good at it!  After the competition, Chantele came up to me and told me that Morgan is ready for the next level, she still needs to try out, but it was amazing that she told me that!  April also told me that Reagan is ready to try out for the Competition Teams!  It makes me so happy to see others see the greatness that I can see in my kids already!   






No comments:

Post a Comment