Friday, June 28, 2013

Bailey's 14th Birthday

This amazing girl is now 14!  I just can't believe it!  For her birthday, instead of presents, she wanted to go shopping.  Well, Morgan came up with another plan too.  She wanted to throw her a surprise party!  We decided that I would take her shopping, then towards the afternoon when we would be about done, her friends would come over and help Morgan decorate.  When they were done then they would call me and we would start heading home.  It was hard to get all of her friends phone numbers, her good friend Abby helped get me names and a lot of numbers, I got some from her phone, some from her yearbook and some from other friends!  It was hard finding times to call all of her friends too!  I had to wait for her to be gone to Young Womens or I would have to sneak outside to make phone calls.  Once I left my list on the counter and Bailey came into the kitchen, luckily she didn't see it!  She also was needing to read an email from her math teacher but a few emails down was the email from Abby with the phone numbers of her friends!  Man, I can't believe that I didn't get caught!
When I got the call that they were ready, I just told Bailey that they kids were being naughty and Dad had enough of them and we needed to head home.  She had gotten what she wanted anyway, except for picking up her engraved scriptures, but we could do that the next day, so we headed home.  All of her friends were hiding downstairs.  Morgan had left a stack of books sitting on the counter and I asked if Bailey would take them down.  She did willingly, as I knew she would.  When she got down she was very surprised to see her friends down there!  She told me later she always wanted a surprise party but to NEVER do it again!  
A few of her friends had to leave but the ones who stayed got to partake in a waffle bar!  We had raspberries, strawberries, buttermilk syrup, berry syrup, regular syrup, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, nutella, biscoff, and chocolate chips.  The girls loved it and seemed to have a fun time.




I'm so glad that I am blessed to be Bailey's mom.  She makes me be a better person everyday.  Whether it's helping me remember to use my turn signal or if it's me checking on her at night and I see her reading her scriptures.  She is an amazing young woman.  She is who I want to be when I grow up.  I don't know what I would do with out her help every day.  I really do depend on her so much and she's such an amazing helper, I don't even have to ask her things to do, she can see what needs to be done and just does it.  I love you my Bailey Makele!

No comments:

Post a Comment