Sunday, May 29, 2011

Arizona

It was exciting to go back to Arizona.  I hadn't been back to Snowflake since we moved soon after I turned nine.  I went and looked at the house we lived in.  It was run down and had been foreclosed on but it still brought a flood of memories when I saw it.  This is the house that I learned how to ride a bike, where I would see frogs after it rained, where we had goats, chickens, quail and rabbits, this is the house where my mom told me about the birds and the bees :) Lots and lots of memories in this house.
 Then three houses down was my Grandparents house.  It was so fun living so close to them.  I remember standing on the brick fence at my Grandparents house looking up at the stars and looking for shooting stars with my Grandad.  I remember having sleep overs at their house and sleeping in their room that had holly hobbie wallpaper.  I remember having bbq's in their back yard.  I remember catching lizards and horny toads. 

 Oakley had a lot of fun exploring and playing with Abi and Kyara.  Melodie tried to get Oakley to walk but he wasn't very interested.



After the funeral we all went back to my Gramma's house where the adults sat inside and caught up and the kids played outside.  Oakley was upset that I wouldn't let him go outside with the other kids to play.  He would just play by the screen door while my cousin Billy's kids would come up and talk to him.
 But then they would leave to go and play and he was sad again, rough life!


 Then it was time to say goodbye.  Gramma woke up a 7:00 so she would be sure to say goodbye to everyone.  It was so nice to see her and I realized how much I had missed her over the years.  I hope that someday soon I can take my whole family to go and visit her.
On the way out of town I wanted to drive past the school I went to from 1st grade to 3rd grade.  I had my first kiss on that playground.  I wish I could have gone inside the gate but it was all locked up.  After we visited the school we made one last stop to the cemetery, it was my Grandad's 89th birthday so we sang happy birthday to him and then we were on our way.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really hope to go to AZ this summer. I miss Grandma. It's been much too long since the last time I saw her!

    ReplyDelete