Monday, October 11, 2010

West mountain

On Saturday we went up to West Mountain to shoot some of Bruce's guns.  The kids and I were super excited!  Bruce layed down the rules and taught everyone about gun saftey.  We all go on our ear protection and we were ready.

 I got to go first.  I shot Bruce's hand gun, it was the first time I had shot anything so I was very nervous.  I took my time and made sure everything was lining up and I got a BULLS EYE on my first shot!!!  The rest weren't close...
 Then Bailey got a turn with the hand gun.  She did pretty good too and hit the target a few times.
 After that all the kids got to have turns with the .22 rifle.  It's just a single shot but everyone picked up on the rythm quickly.




 Oaks had fun playing in the suburban




When the kids were done with the .22 rifle I got to have a turn with Bruce's 7 mag...I didn't like it all, it was scary and hard to see in the scope. 
At the very end the kids all took turns with the air soft gun.
Everyone had so much fun and we didn't want to leave.  Hopefully we can go back real soon.

4 comments:

  1. What a great family activity and experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I bet the kids had a blast. Great memories being made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun pictures!! I love the pic of all of them with the ear protection! Very cute! But where is Oakley's ear protection??? :o) I bet he would look super cute with them on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! We love to go shooting. We haven't taken the whole family... and we haven't been in a while. But, it is something I love to do for a date! :)

    Oaks is so cute!!

    And I also love the picture with all the hearing protection.

    ReplyDelete