Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New adventure

I am so not ready for this new part in our lives. 
Bailey has been begging for over a year now to shave her legs. I keep trying to put if off. I told her that when she starts getting arm pit hair she can start shaving. Well she got her first brown arm pit hair about three months ago, she was so happy and proud of herself. But I kept putting it off.

Well her opportunity arose. We *ahem* bribed the kids to watch conference. Not that she needs bribing, the other kids do and we couldn't exclude her from being rewarded.

So we took all the kids to Wal-mart to let them pick their reward that cost less than three dollars. (I know we're big spenders) It took forever for Reagan and Morgan to find thier prize the whole time Bailey was trying to help the choosing process. Owen found what he wanted quickly. I asked Bailey what she wanted (thinking that she was going to want some lip gloss or fingernail polish) and she looked at me with her puppy dog eyes and said, "Can I have a shaver?" Oh, my, I wasn't ready for that one! I told her to talk to her dad. Bruce told her it was up to me... So I warned her that she my cut herself and she was willing to take that risk. So we went and looked the razors. Found one she liked and went home. Well that night before she got in the shower I showed her the basics of shaving. She got in and soon yelled to me wondering how far up she should shave. I told her to just go past her knees for now.

She got out of the shower with baby smooth legs and no longer my little girl.

9 comments:

  1. I know. I put this off way long for Aarynn. It wasn't until we were at the pool and I noticed what I would be completely embarrassed to have on my body...and I relented!

    Knock on wood, she hasn't cut herself once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally almost cried reading this! Both my older girls shave and it was super hard for me to give into them too. So sad, but so fun to see them grow up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO FUNNY! Poor Bailey when she reads this a couple years from now!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. really?! i can't believe she is that old, gah! soon she will realize that shaving isn't all that great....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! That is so exciting for Bailey! Kind of a bitter sweet moment for you. :) I like that you told her to only shave to her knees. :) I bet she is SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want my girls to grow up, or shave or hit puberty. That's going to be a lot of pms. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last sentence is very bitter sweet! But she has to grow up sometime :)

    ReplyDelete