Thursday, October 7, 2010

Four months already

My little baby is growing up so fast!  Oaks turned four months on September 30.  Here are some things about Oakley right now.
*He is such a happy baby, infact even when he cries it seems more like a laugh sometimes. 
*He is becoming more aware of his surroundings. 
*He is starting to recognize his name and will try to find who ever is calling it. 
*He loves his chubby little hand and can stare at them for hours on end. 
*He has also found his ears which he loves to play with them while he nurses.
*He can sit up for about 2 seconds, Bailey figured this one out.
*He likes to see whats going on and is no longer content to just sit and lounge in his boppy.
*He loves to eat his rice cereal.
*He sleeps so good most nights.  He usually sleeps 8-9 hours but then sometimes he gets his cough and wakes up after 5-6 hours
*He loves to nurse and gets so excited when I lay him on the boppy to get ready to feed him.
*He loves to coo and babble and it becomes more intense when you coo and babble back to him.
*He has the best belly laugh.
*He loves his brother and sisters and gets so excited when he sees them.
*I love his eyes, I can't tell what color they are but they will probably be brown but sometimes they look green
*He still hates tummy time very much...

Yesterday he had his *horrible* well child check.  Ok, not horrible but I hate seeing my kids get shots and they get so many when they are little.  But I know it is better in the long run.
Well at his appointment we got all the stats.
He weighs 16 lbs 10 oz that puts him at the 75%
he is 25 1/2 inches long which put him at the 55%
and his head was at the 70%
He is growing good and everything is right on target with what a four month old should be doing.  He isn't rolling yet but the doc says that is more of a six month old trick.  I don't mind that he isn't rolling, I am not ready for him to be mobile.  I want him to stay my baby forever.






Happy four month birthday my baby boy!

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Blue is a great color on him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah what a cutie patootie! i love his chubby little arms & legs. liam's eyes look kind of the same...they are a grey, green, brown...i'm not sure if they'll ever settle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable! It is fun to see how his eyes seem to change color in some of the pictures. Poor kid in the tummy picture... :) But, he is still so cute when he is mad! He also has a fantastic smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, adorable baby!!! I love all of the pics and his sweet smile! And I love that you compiled that list of things about him!

    ReplyDelete