Friday, October 15, 2010

Not part of the deal

When Bailey was just four months old she got sick for the first time.  Really sick.  She had pneumonia.  She was miserable, I didn't know what to do.  I felt like I couldn't do anything to help her.  I called up my mom, because mom's always make everything better.  I cried to her telling her that, "having sick kids is not part of the deal when you become a mom."  She assured me that it was and that everything would be okay.
Fast forward eleven years and I have dealt with sick kids many times, but it is still makes me very sad.  The latest casualties are Owen and Reagan.  They have the stomach flu but thankfully it is a very mild stomach flu.  They have complained about their tummies hurting and they have been very tired but that's it.  Reagan has had some diarrhea but not too bad I think she just has a weaker immune system, things just hit her a little bit harder.  But there has been no throwing up and no fever.  It's so hard to see your little ones not feeling good.  Thankfully they have turned around and are starting to feel much better.  I just hope that none of the other kids get it now!





6 comments:

  1. They are awful cute, even if they are sick!!! :o) I hope they get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor sickies! I think it is the worst feeling in the world having a child that is sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sick kids just make me so sad. hopefully they are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so miserable (especially for the mom)! I hope everyone gets better soon. I'm never excited for the winter seasons just because of all the sickness!):

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that they are sick! It makes me sad to see them sick as well! And of course they were sick over fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. My mom was told a million times that Owen was sick by all the kids from your neighborhood! He was defiantly missed!

    ReplyDelete