Friday, September 3, 2010

First injury of many I'm sure

We went up the canyon yesterday for Bruce's mom's birthday for a hot dog roast. We were getting everything unloaded and ready and I just left Oakley in the car so I could help.
Oaks started crying so I went to get him out of his carseat. Well then he started really screaming and as I was getting him out he started arching his back, which was weird because he never does that. I knew something was going on and then I see a wasp climb out of his shirt sleeve. Evil creature! My poor baby was stung. I couldn't see the sting mark at first but then I looked at the back of his arm and sure enough it was so red and swollen.
Oakley settled right down in my arms but I still felt awful that he had to go through that pain. When he woke up this morning it was looking much better and all the swelling had gone down there was still the red mark. It doesn't seem to bother him much, he's so tough!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, poor boy! How sad! :o( That last picture of him is super cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful!!! He is so cute though, I can barely stand it!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor little guy! He doesn't deserve a sting! Hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so sad! Glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little pests. I hate them. Poor thing :(

    ReplyDelete