Monday, July 8, 2013

Owen's 9th Birthday

I can't believe that my first born boy is 9!  In just 10 short years he could be on his mission!  Wow!  Owen is such an awesome kid.  I love him so much and he is such a good big brother to Oakley and Reagan.  He protects them and helps them out.  Yes, he does tease them too, but that's just part of the job.  He's a good little brother too, especially with Bailey, he looks up to her and will do most anything she asks.  Morgan and him still butt heads, I think it's because their personalities are so alike and they are so close in age but when they get along it's awesome.  They are either best of friends or worst of enemies, more and more it's becoming best of friends.  
He didn't have a huge wish list.  He really just wanted a pair of head phones and a skateboard.  I decided to throw in some candy and a helmet, since all of our helmets are pretty shot.  He also got an iPhone, we had an upgrade and only had to pay $0.99 for all of the kids' iPhone's. 











 I wasn't quite sure what kind of skateboard he wanted so I just gave him a gift card to Wal-mart so he could pick out his own.  He was playing around with it later that day and into the next and I had a feeling that I should probably put it in my wallet but I pushed that feeling aside because he has always been so good with money and he had never lost money.  
The day after his birthday it was our turn to clean the church.  He had $20 from Grandma Holdaway in his pocket and the gift card.  We got to the church and went to the cleaning closet.  We got all the things sorted and Reagan found $20 on the floor of the cleaning closet, Owen checked his pockets, they were empty, the $20 was his.  I asked him where his gift card was and he told me that it was either in the car or at home.  We continued to clean the church.  
After we were done we went out to the car and his gift card wasn't there so he said it was at home.  We went home and dropped off the girls, he ran inside to get his gift card.  When he came out he said,"I'll just use the $20."  I told him that $20 wouldn't be enough, he would need the gift card too.  So we got out and had everyone search the house and tried to retrace his steps.  
We couldn't find it.  
We went back to the church to retrace his steps there but by that time there was a baby shower going on.  I decided to call Wal-mart and see if there was a way to replace it.  There was as long as it hadn't been used yet and I had the original receipt.  We drove over to Wal-mart and waited.  They used to have the gift card number printed right on the receipt but there was a lot of problems with people finding lost receipts and saying they lost gift cards and they would reissue gift cards, so they quit printing the numbers on the front.  Nobody that was working though knew how to find out if the gift card had been used yet or not.  We had to wait about an hour and had five different people helping us before we finally had Owen's gift card reissued!!
He was able to go and pick out the skateboard he wanted!
We got home and about twenty minutes later Reagan found his gift card under the counter!  I told him that's the way things usually work out!





When we got home I took a few birthday pictures of Owen.  The sun was super bright so he was pretty squinty.



We decided to wait a little bit and some storm clouds rolled in and covered the sun and I was able to get some good pictures.  I sure love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment