Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Owen's Birthday party

A few weeks after his birthday, Owen, finally had his party.  I really didn't know what to do, I tried pushing a water party like he did last year, but he wasn't interested.  We decided to play a few games, open presents, eat pizza and cupcakes, simple for me and fun for the kids!

The first game was pop the balloon.  I tied a balloon to each child's ankle then they ran around trying to pop each others balloon, unfortunately I didn't think about the grass popping the balloons and most of the kids' balloons popped that way.  They had fun anyways, I think!



 Next we had a three legged race.  I tried tying the bandanna to the kids' thighs but they kept slipping down.  After a few re-ties, I just had the kids run the way they were.

 The last game they played was a parachute game.  They just tried to see how high they could get the ball.  It took them a few times before they could all get the timing right but they had a lot of fun doing it!


Then the kids gathered around to watch Owen open up his presents!











He got a lot of fun things and was so happy so many of his friends could come help celebrate his birthday!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party!! Owen - You got some great gifts!!!

    I love how Bailey and Reagan were together in the 3-legged race!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Owen's facial expression is pretty much exactly the same in every picture. Looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete