Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nail fun

Cami and Pinterest have inspired me to do fun things with my girls' nails.  First we did Bailey's nails by taping around each nail then getting a cup of water and dropping a single drop of nail polish at a time until you create a bulls eye.  Then you get a toothpick and swirl it around into a pattern that you like.  Then you dip one or two nails at a time into the water. Clear the excess nail polish in the water while your nail is still in there.  Then lift out of the water, remove tape and clean up around the nail.  It took a lot of trial and error but the end result was really awesome!


Morgan wanted her nails painted too, but different than Bailey's.  While surfing on Pinterest I came across a fun idea.  You paint your nails any color. (In the tutorial it was gray so Morgan insisted that we needed gray) While the polish was drying I cut newspaper into little squares.  Once her nails were dry we dipped them, one at a time, into rubbing alcohol for about 15 seconds. (The tutorial said to use Vodka but then I read another blog and they used rubbing alcohol) Then you take the finger out of the alcohol and immediately press the newspaper square onto the nail, then you gently lift the newspaper off.  Finish it with a top coat.  So easy peasy!


Well Reagan didn't want to be left out but her nails are so tiny that it would be so hard to do anything fancy. So I let her choose what colors to paint her nails.  This is what she chose :)




Morgan and Reagan wanted me to snap a few pictures of them when we were outside :) Man I love my kids!




3 comments:

  1. Fun nails. I really want to try that newspaper art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls have been totally getting ideas off of pinterest too for their nails. I love all the fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come get my nails done! Don't you just love pinterest? It is my new addiction! I love your family!

    ReplyDelete