Sunday, November 14, 2010

Primary Program 2010

Morgan came home from school on Friday with a sore throat.  All day Saturday she laid on the couch with a fever and sore throat.  Then Bailey woke up this morning saying that her throat hurt and Reagan was complaining about her stomach hurting.  Any other Sunday we would have stayed home but it was the Primary program...and it is Baileys LAST Primary program.  We had to go.  I gave the older girls Advil to help with their throats and we got ready. 
We got there in just the nick of time too, we usually arrive to church 10 -15 minutes early but we were running late today, I didn't even get a chance to nurse Oakley before we left!  The kids took their places up on the stand but we kept Morgan down with us, I didn't need her getting everyone around her sick, plus she still didn't have much energy.
The Program went perfectly.  The spirit was so strong.  There is something about a child's voice that is so precious and sweet.  All the kids did so good, even when each child took their turn to speak all the other children were so reverent.  Reagan knew her part but I think that she got nervous when she saw all the people so she needed some prompting.  Owen did awesome and was the only one in his group that had his part memorized.  Bailey did wonderful, she was asked to write her own talk and she did so good, it made me so sad to think this was her last one.
The last song the congregation was asked to join in the last verse of "Come follow me" what a neat sound to hear the sweet voices of the children over the congregation.
Afterwards the teacher who was sitting with Owens group came up and said, "I need to tell you, Owen has such a sweet spirit.  He is such a special boy and he is so well behaved."  Wow!  I was so proud when I heard her say that.  Usually I feel like people my think he is just rough and tumbly (like a boy should be) but he also is the sweetest boy I know.  It's nice that other people notice that too.
I made the kids quickly take a picture when we got home.  Reagan was in no mood to have her picture taken, but I'm glad that I made her be in it anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Owen looks SO handsome! I love his little vest and tie! So how come it's Bay's last one? I thought they didn't leave until 12? First time ever that Morgan didn't have energy...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe that our oldest daughters will be in YOUNG WOMEN soon? Aarynn only has 2 weeks left of Primary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a neat blog! It is so crazy to see ur babie's grow up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor sick kids! NOT FUN!
    Glad you made it to the program!
    Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete