Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

Halloween afternoon we finally carved pumpkins.  We had a three hour window to carve, which I thought would be plenty of time.  I guess not.  After we got the pumpkins all scooped out everyone chose their pattern I taped them on and poked little holes for an outline.  Then the kids got to carving. 

Bailey and Morgan's pumpkins were so thick, even after scraping them, that they had a hard time carving the pattern they chose.  They both decided to carve a traditional jack-o-lantern on the opposite side. 

Reagan got her pumpkin all carved and was on her way out to put it on the porch and she tripped and fell, breaking her pumpkin into pieces.  She then wanted me to make a butterfly on my pumpkin so I tried and failed, it looked more like a piece of bread...
Owen's dragon turned out perfectly, Oakley's baby jack-o-lantern was perfect that I carved and Bruce carved a awesome traditional Jack-o-lantern like the girls. 

We were in such a hurry after that I forgot to take pictures of our final products!  But at least I took pictures of the process!









 Oakley enjoyed watching everyone and chewing on his octopus


2 comments:

  1. Great pics for great fun! We "failed" to do pumpkins again this year! Arg...maybe next year!

    I hope Bailey doesn't take this the wrong way, but those ladybug eyelashes freak me out a little bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little we painted our pumpkins. I remember it being so fun. It looks like you kids really enjoyed it! Thanks for updating! You have the cutest kids and my mom and I love to read what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete