Sunday, January 10, 2010

Carving pumpkins

We always paint our pumpkins
I don't know why
we just do
this year the kids
(especially Bailey)
begged to carve them
I was game
so we went to town!

First we traced our design on our pumpkinsThen we cut off the tops
and dug thier guts out
the kids really liked doing this
which surprises me usually they don't like getting dirty

Then we got to carving
it was fun
and tedious

We were all happy with our end resultBruce carved an alien I carved a cat

Bailey carved a frankenstien
she designed it herself
the eyes didn't work out
but I think she learned a lot of what to do next year


Morgan carved a witch
it was much harder than she expected
and got some mommy help Owen choose a Ninja turtle
Reagan just wanted an "R"
They looked pretty cute on our front porch
It was so much fun
and everyone was proud of their creation!

1 comment:

  1. Oh fun! Carving is a lot of fun, messy, but fun! Great job everyone!

    ReplyDelete