Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our kitties

So I hate cats...but then I held these guys...and I am in love...
My mom had a stray that they had tamed and she was really sweet, well then she had 7 kitties in May and soon they needed homes. Owen immediately fell in love with the tabby cat and started calling him Spider (after Spiderman). The kids begged and begged and finally I held the siamese one and he was so sweet and cuddley I was sold. Now I just needed to convince Bruce to let the kids (and me) get the kitties, they would be strictly outside cats and the kids would take care of them. I didn't take much to get Bruce to say yes because he hates to say no to his kids!
Well the cats didn't stay outside for long...the kids worried that it was too hot outside so they would sneak them in...then Bruce even started to let them in too...now they are inside all the time.They are the best kitties in the world. They don't scrach, bite and they let the kids tote them around the house all day long. When ever they are not being tourtured they are sleeping.

Simon sleeping
Spider snuggling with his favorite blanket, he rubs his face in it and sucks on it, so weird!
They love the kids and are always worried about them. When Morgan was sick they stayed with her night and day. When Reagan wakes up in the morning Simon sits by her door while Spider nudges me awake!

Younger Simon...still sleeping


Spider sill cuddling with the blankets

9 comments:

  1. They do look so sweet and cuddly! I really love how Simon looks! He is so pretty! Have you gotten them fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh, I am so jealous! If you have read my blog, you know the trouble we've had with our last little kitten. It actually had to go for "a ride" the other night cause I couldn't train it to stop peeing on the beds! I never liked cats either, but they are seriously the best pet for people who don't love pets... so easy to take care of! I would love a siamese- but I'm holding off till I make sure to get the one I want!The kids would be in heaven no matter what it looked like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cats! They are really pretty. I love how Owen named Spider...so cool!

    Echoing Sara, get them fixed as soon as you can...you don't want them spraying everywhere, esp. since they're indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice family! Would you like to keep two more in your home over the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, such sweet kitties. they are great to have around for the kids. parker loves his chizu cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kittens are so cute, but then they grow up!

    We have a cat, her name is Kitty. She is seriously a pain. She doesn't like anyone now a days, but she is pretty old. She meows early in the AM (5:30 am) to go outside, she meows to get more food, she meows when she wants FRESH water in the bowl. She climbs and hooks her claws on the back door and peaks inside the window so we know she wants back in. lol.

    Wish she was a strictly outside cat, but she isn't. She's an inside/outside pain in the butt. lol.

    Now my Chico (dog), I love him to death! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much of a cat person but your kitties look cute. I love the sleeping shot of them. My kids would be in heaven to have a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hate cats, but I have to say, yours aren't bad! They are cute, and my girls definaelty love them. But I am NOT going to be suckered into that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! KITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >^..^<

    ReplyDelete