Sunday, October 26, 2008

Painting pumpkins

We painted our pumpkins the other day. Bruce was gone hunting so I thought that it would be a fun thing to do with the kids. I decided to have the kids use washable paint instead of the acrylic paint that you are supposed to use on pumpkins. Unfortunatly the washable paint is also flaky paint and it is just flaking off the pumpkins...against my wishes we will probally end up carving the pumpkins later on this week...


Baileys pumpkin was teal with a white scary face


Morgan repainted her about 5 times, good thing it was washable! She finally settled on a hot pink pumpkin with a happy face, complete with rosy cheeks

Owen could not decide between Yoda, incredible hulk, or a ninja turtle, good thing they are all green!

Reagan just freehanded hers, but if you look closely you can see she did paint a green 'R', I asked Bailey and Morgan if they did it and they were both surprised that it was there, so I guess she did do it!

9 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

    Awesome Reagan! She is such a smartie!

    Why don't you want to carve pumpkins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pumpkins!!! But I am glad you are gonna carve them!!! You can't NOT carve pumpkins...silly mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! We still don't have pumpkins yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't painted ours yet. We are going to in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we painted ours with tole paint. They turned out pretty good that way. But it does stain clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, was is less messy to paint than to carve? Your kids are darling- looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! Was it less messy to paint- or carve? You are a great mom to do that with your kids...I get nervous when my kids have paint! (if you could see the carpet in my brand new house, you'd understand!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i guess I just need to read to figure out why my comments don't show up, sorry if you got a double from me!

    ReplyDelete