Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Beardall


Happy Birthday Grandma Beardall! She would have been 98 today! She was the most amazing person that I have ever known. She was the definition of hard work and perserverance.

She planted the best tomatoes ever, I never like tomatoes unless they are from her house! She loved to feed people, she took joy in seeing people enjoy the food that she prepared, although she hardley at any thing herself!

Living in the depression she was a saver and a reuser...she was 'green' before 'green' was cool! She had flood irrigation to water her property, she would have us use old milk gallon containers to fill up with the irrigation water so she could use that during the week to water her vegtables instead of using culinary water.

She also had a love for windchimes, while walking to church yesterday my oldest heard a windchime and told me that everytime she hears a windchime she thinks of Grandma...

We miss you so much Grandma but I am thankful that families are forever!!

Grandma with my kids 2006

5 comments:

  1. Steph, this is a great post in honor of Grandma! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Happy Birthday Grandma Beardall! She was such a sweet woman! She always made me feel welcome!

    I can't wait to hang out with you guys this week! FINALLY!!! Woop Woop!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandparents are the best! I loved growing up so quick to my Great Grandma. I am lucky to have my Grandparents on both sides still around. Cute picture with your grandma and your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would we do if we didn't have the knowledge that families are forever? Makes it alot easier to cope with losing a loved one. What a cute grandma!

    ReplyDelete