Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Owen's wrestling

From October to December Owen did wrestling through the city.  At first he didn't like it at all, his second match was with a 'choker' the kid just kept on wrapping his hand around Owen's throat.  It freaked him out and it freaked me out!  I couldn't believe the refs were just letting the kid do that!  But I really don't know the rules of wrestling and neither does Bruce so we didn't say anything.  Later that night on there were many mothers that came up to me saying that I was pretty strong not to stop the match!  
After that experience it took quite the convincing to make him go again.  He kept saying, "Can't you pay the coach so I can quit?" I tried to explain to him that I already paid him and that's why he had to go.  
Then one of the practices Owen got paired with a boy whose father who knew quite a bit about wresting and 'took Owen under his wing' It really built up his confidence and he started trying more.  He didn't win all his matches but he did really good and won most of them.
It was really nice for him to learn new skills.  He says he had fun but he doesn't want to do it again next year.  I hope that he will change his mind! 




















3 comments:

  1. His facial expressions are so funny! It makes me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!

    Tom did some wrestling in the Army. Aarynn and I went to watch him. He was pinned, and it freaked Aarynn out (she was only 2 or so).

    Glad that he started to enjoy it. The father that took Owen under his wing needs some cookies or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Ows!! You look like a great wrestler!!

    ReplyDelete