Monday, February 4, 2008

Sick Kids

Reagan has had a rough month. She started it out with a small cold, then she had the stomach flu, then she got a bigger cold, then an ear infection with a little pnumonia, they put her on antibiotics but her body said no and she got such bad diarrhea, she lost her appetite and started getting dehydrated. I was going to take her to the doctor but they were closed so I decided to take her to the ER. They gave her an IV but first taking blood and urine, they tried giving her the IV in her arm but it blew so they did it in her little hand. The saddest thing is that she just layed there letting them poke and prod her...




The next day she was feeling better, it was a good sign that when I went to get her when she woke up that she actually sat up, she hadn't done that for a few days. later on she was signing "eat" so we put her in her highchair and gave her bread, crackers, applesauce and apple juice...she didn't eat much but at least she showed interest.

Later on that evening I took her back in for them to check her out and take the IV out (or give her more fluids in needed), they must have had her little hand wrapped just a little to snug and the connection for the IV gave her a little bruise, there is also one on the side of her pinky...so sad, but I would rather her have some bruises and feeling better than to have her so sick...

1 comment:

  1. Ok I swear that I wrote you a message on this one before, but I guess it disappeared!! Anyway, I had to take Quincy to the ER once and it was so sad! I hope she's feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete