Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had our first Thanksgiving at home this year.  We usually go to one of our parents houses but my parents were having a late Thanksgiving because my sister was coming into town and Bruce's mom wasn't up for cooking a Thanksgiving meal for everyone.  So we did it ourselves.  It was fun to get everything ready.  We didn't go all out but we had the essentials.  Turkey, real mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, gravy, corn, and green beans.  Everything turned out so yummy and we had so much left over we called my parents to come over and eat some.  Afterward we played 'Apples to Apples' with my mom while my dad took a little nap.

 Potatoes boiling...
 Bread ready to be turned into stuffing...
 Turkey ready for carving...
Reagan stayed at the table for about a half hour after everyone was done finishing off all the corn...

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am so thankful I have the best family in the whole world and I got to spend the day with them!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like some yummy food!! I love Oakley's face in that first picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Thanksgiving Day! I really love staying home and making our own meal. I can chill, be a bum, and spend quality family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture with Bruce and the kids is amazing! Everyone smiling, looking their best ! Love it!

    We did Thanksgiving at our house too, just the 3, well 4 of us. Josh had to work the actual day and then we went to Josh's family's get together on the real day, no Josh.
    I love love thanksgiving!
    The essentials are all that is needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get your turkey to look like that? I have never seen such a perfect turkey except for on t.v!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ours was the same this year. I wasn't really thrilled not having any family around, but it was nice anyway. I don't want to cook like that every year though, I missed my mom's stuffing and yams! Did you deep fry the turkey? We've only done it once so far, but it's really the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete