Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blanket for Oakley

With only 87 days until I have Oakley
I decided it's time to make quilt for him
I fell in love with a friend of mine's quilt she made for her son
she let me look at it to see how to make it
Luckly I had plenty of fabric left over from Owen's quilt
so they will have matching quilts
first I cut the material into 2 inch strips
then I sewed the material that was the same together to make long strips
Then I got some material that matched
Layed everything out
bottom layer, batting, top layer, strips
pinned them all together
and sewed them all together.
I still need to bind it
I really don't like binding.
So as soon as I bind it and wash it
I will show you the finished product!


3 comments:

  1. I like the colors. It will be a fun quilt. I like your sewing machine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love making quilts for babies. I can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it...what size did you do it???

    ReplyDelete