Sunday, September 1, 2013

Oakley's last "Mom and me" swim lessons 2013



The "Mom and Me" class is the last one that they do.  I think they are hoping that it will be warm enough for the little ones but it never seemed to fail that the wind would pick up at that time!  I guess that's what happens when you build an outdoor swimming pool at the mouth of a canyon.
Oakley had some time to burn and loved playing on the giant stadium stairs at the lap pool.  He pretended that the railing was a machine gun.  Yeah, he's a boy.
He wasn't sure about swim lessons at first, which is strange because the few times we had gone swimming he hadn't really wanted me to hang on to him but in this setting he was clinging on to me for dear life!  I finally figured out that if we did the things that they taught us for a few minutes then let him have some free time he was much more willing to do what ever I wanted him to do.  He was going underwater to get rings and even swimming for short distances underwater.  His strokes were very "dog" like but at least he was doing it!
It was extra fun because he got to do it at the same time at Benji!  They had so much fun together and bonded a lot.  They are pretty good buds now, not that they weren't before, but they're even closer now.  It was also nice for me to have Rachel to chat with while the boys played. :)














No comments:

Post a Comment