Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fun cars in Holbrook, AZ

When we first pulled into Holbrook we spotted a fun little abandoned shop that had slug bugs that were pieced together to make new, interesting slug bugs.  They were really fun and we vowed to take pictures of them before we headed out.  
Well on our way out my camera was in the back, buried under all of the treasures that we were bringing home.  But lucky my mom had her iphone handy and my dad and I hopped out of the suburban and took some pictures.  

 The slug bug limo
 The motorcycle bug
The ice cream truck bug

It was really fun and they kids loved them.  Holbrook had a lot of fun sights that they incorporated into the "Cars" movie, such as the wigwam hotel they made into the Cone Motel that they populate with vintage cars in front of the rooms.
It was such a fun little town, very worn down but fun.  I am so thankful that we were able to go to my Grandma's funeral and that my kids were able to see where I had come from.