Sunday, May 29, 2011

A minor set back

On the way back home we made a pit stop in Page, AZ.  We got gas, stretched our legs, used the bathroom, etc.  Well I got Oakley out to feed him, after I fed him I gave him to Mel who was sitting in the front seat of my Suburban so I could run to the restroom.  I got back and everyone was just standing around then Ariel tries to open the door to my Suburban and it won't open, so we tried another door and another door, they were all locked and the keys were sitting on the front seat of the Suburban.
Luckily my mom had left her window open about an inch.  There was a local guy who said he had a tool that might help unlock the doors, he came back with something that looked like the rod that holds the hood of your car up.  He tried to hook the keys and got them once and then they dropped just out of his reach.  He mumbled something and then left.  We thought about calling the police but the local guy said that they won't open doors and that pretty much our only hope was to call a lock smith.
Well that wasn't good enough for my two awesome brother-in-laws, Sean and Alberto.  They noticed that the trees close by where we parked were being held up by some wire so they would grow straight.  So Alberto took off some of that wire but it still wasn't long enough.  So Sean got a branch off a tree and hooked the wire onto it.  They fashioned a hook on the end and tried to hook the keys. 
 If you look past the logo on my sister's shirt you can see the keys on the seat of the car.





It took quite a few tries but finally they were able to get them! Hallelujah! I was able to unlock the doors and soon we were back on the road!

 
After every pit stop I would joke to Sean or Alberto and say, "Don't worry, my keys are safely locked in my car."





2 comments:

  1. What an adventure! So glad Sean and Alberto were there with their craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once when we were late getting to the airport on a very snowy day in December, our keys got locked in the car while they were still in the ignition. The other set of keys were with my dad, who was in Orem picking up the suits for my brothers wedding. Yes, that is right, it was the day my brother got married. It all turned out in the end with just some wasted gas!

    ReplyDelete