Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Laundry day

Oh the joys of motherhood! Laundry is a never ending cycle, especially when you have two children who get one drop of anything on thier shirt and they have to IMMEDIATLY change their clothes! You may look at these piles of laundry and think oh that is about two weeks worth of laundry...WRONG! That is one week...and I haven't even folded the lovely socks yet...did I mention that this is only the kids clothes?? Don't get me wrong I love being a mother more than anything but 16 shirts in one week? Give me a break!


These are Owens p.j.s...I didn't even bother to count but I am sure that there is more than a weeks worth in there Ü
Owen had 16 shirts in his pile...
Morgan only had a mere 12 shirts in her pile Ü

I have just started implementing a chore chart again...it was hard to enforce chores while we were building our house...so hopefully the chores will help the kids know how much work really goes into running a house Ü


7 comments:

  1. Thats a lot of laundry hombre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah...thats so cute. Also, I think you should definitely talk to my mum who seems to think "I" use a ridiculous amount of clothes.... woooh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too need to hire a laundry maid!!

    Ps. I have a daughther named "Raegan" also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate laundry!!! Hey...you need to delete that first comment...I hate those things...it will open up a virus on your computer...anyway...love ya, miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy! That is a lot of laundry! Russell likes to wear clothes over and over again! He would wear the same shirt and pants all week if I didn't tell him he had to wear clean clothes! And Bradley... it is hard to keep that kid clean! There is no point in putting a clean shirt on him, because 10 minutes later it will be dirty again.

    I hope that the kids will understand how much work it is when they start helping out with chores. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In our 1st apartment in Moscow, we had to go to a laundry facility, so I enforced the rule that they had to get my permission to put their jeans in the wash. It cut down on a lot of unnecessary laundry!

    Here, I make the girls put their own clothes away. Thankfully, it seems they've both grown out of the excess-clothes stage! (And then I see loads of "dirty" clothes stuffed in their closet! It's a never ending battle!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHHHH! How is it that I just came home from LA (after doing laundry 4 days before) to laundry LITERALLY CLIMBING THE WALL??

    Oh no. It gets better. So then I do FIVE, count them, FIVE loads to catch up, and the next morning my hamper is FULL.

    COME ON PEOPLE.

    Um...that is all.

    ReplyDelete